Location: New Jersey
We’re a reward-based, balanced training facility that is always looking to add the right people to our current team of trainers. Someone who’s a self-starter, eager to learn, optimistic, upbeat, and, of course, passionate about dog training!
As a dog trainer with KSDT, you’ll play a vital role in our dog training family, and you must be committed to, and show, a genuine interest in enhancing communication and teamwork between dog and owners.
As a candidate for our Trainer-In-Training program, you’ll start off as a member of the PlayCare team, where you’ll be trained to read dog body language, learn basic handling skills, and how to handle a variety of dogs before moving to the training team. It’s important to first have a solid understanding of dog behavior and a strong foundation of dog handling skills! You’ll learn all that (and more!) with the KSDT PlayCare team.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a strong work ethic and can work calmly and efficiently on a team and individually in stressful environments.
- Is always looking for ways to improve their skills and knowledge as a trainer. Our weekly training team meetings are specifically for the purpose of growing the team’s knowledge and skills.
- Is reliable, honest, and patient. As a dog trainer with our team, you’ll have to work with difficult dogs as well as novice dog owners. We hire people who are equally compassionate towards humans as they are towards canines! We LOVE our students, and they become a part of our dog training family the moment they walk through our facility doors.
- Is excited to work with all breeds, all ages, and all issues.
- Has outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Is a TEAM PLAYER. The Training team, PlayCare team, Front Desk and Grooming team all work together to make sure each dog in our care has the best day ever!
- Is in good physical condition and able to be on their feet for the majority of an 8 hour shift.
- Has reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- Has the flexibility to work weekends and evenings. We’re open 7 days a week and as a new trainer on our team, there are SO many opportunities for you to learn and grow. Observing or assisting the night classes during the week, and working weekends helping with FastTrack dogs or assisting in classes is a great way to get one on one time with our head trainers.
- We're looking for someone desiring a long-term career in dog training with our company!
We offer competitive pay and potential for growth within our training facility. Health benefits, 401k contribution with employer match, PTO, and employee pricing on services available for qualified employees.